Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WELCOME!!!

Welcome to KTSOCCERWORLD
“Our First Blog”

After 24 years of college coaching (the last 22 as Head Coach at Georgetown University), I have created KTSOCCERWORLD. This will be a company of services and education on many aspects of soccer from coaching education to player clinics to lecture and consultations. The most exciting part of KTSOCCERWORLD will be the launching this spring with observations of 8 professional teams as they take up to a week to prepare for a game. How much time is dedicated to fitness, to technical work and to tactics? How do they combine these areas together? The goal of this study is to see teams when they only have 1 match during that week. What does the Monday through Friday look like as a team prepares for a major game on Saturday? An exciting part of this project is the teams we are observing. We will see 4 MLS teams as well as 4 of the top teams from BRAZIL with VIDEO, ANIMATION and COMMENTARY! I will spend 4 weeks from mid-January to mid-February with significant access to teams that will include Santos (Pele’s club) and the famous Corinthians.

As the web site launches I hope you will continue to come back to read various blogs on a variety of topics. I look forward to your feedback and comments on them. One of my new ventures after leaving Georgetown was working as the “Analyst” on Fox Soccer Channel for college games of the week. My transition from veteran coach to rookie broadcaster was interesting, to say the least. I will let you in on some of the behind the scenes challenges. I will also write about many of my experiences coaching at Georgetown. How have players changed over the years? How can you best prepare yourself or your child for college soccer? How to go about the recruiting process?

I will try and share some of my experiences and insight with you on topics that will help you as a coach, player, soccer ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad’, and fan. Feel free to start your feedback with topics you may want to hear about. Click on the “About Us” tab on the homepage to find out more about the background of KTSOCCERWORLD and the many years of experience I hope to share with you.

Enjoy and please pass on to your soccer friends. A main goal of mine after leaving Georgetown is to help promote the development of the game. This is my vehicle for doing just that. Welcome to KTSOCCERWORLD !

No comments: